Monday, May 2, 2011

My Place

I wish there was someplace I could go, to get away from everything and everyone.

This wouldn't be a place like the mall, park, store, no not anyplace like that. This place would be special and unique.

It would be my place.

I want this place to be a big huge field, with really tall dark wavy grass, so tall in fact that you wouldn't be able to see me even when I'm standing up. There would be a path in the sea of grass that would lead me to a dark forest that had trees as tall as buildings and huge leaves that kept any light from coming in and ruining my place. Everywhere in my place is dark and cloudy, cause I like it when it's cloudy. I'm not a huge fan of the sun. I would walk through the forest seeing everything, smelling all the smells you can only find in a forest. Finally I would reach a break in the forest and I would step out onto the sand of a beach.

Not the kind of beach you're probably thinking of, where people go and swimming and try to get a tan. No, this beach, my beach, is the exact opposite. This is the kinda beach that no one wants to go to, some people even may be scared of my beach for it's dark and sparse of any kind of life except for me, and the waves that it frightens them. But to me, this place is beautiful and perfect. The sand is so white I don't even wanna walk on it for I worry it might shatter the harmony of this place. I don't need to worry though, cause this is my place, it came for me and so it adapts to me. As I walk along the shoreline, not close enough to get my feet wet, but close enough to feel the whisper of the wave, I'll find a dock. Not an ordinary dock, this dock will be hundreds maybe even thousands of miles long, so that it can take me far away from the shore, far away from everything. I'll walk the miles of the dock, and with every step I take the dock behind me slowly begins to disappear, so no one can bother me, no one can follow me. This dock understands, it doesn't need me to talk.

I would walk to the very end of this dock, and by now all that's left of it is the big square piece I'm standing on. I'd sit down and dangle my legs and feet over the edge. The water is black, it's so calm out here, the only thing moving is the blue mist. I put my feet on top of the water and it almost seems like if I stood up, I could walk on it. There are no clouds up in the sky, just a pretty gray top, sealing earth away from space. It's so calm and peaceful here that I could stay here like this forever.

This place is beautiful, this place is calm, this place is secret.

This is my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment